Athletes with Eating Disorders
We provide treatment to help athletes overcome eating disorders. It is our goal to help improve physical and emotional health and thereby maximize athletic performance. We restore overall well-being for our athletes who are struggling with disordered eating by building a treatment team – including a sports dietitian, psychologist and physician expertly trained in the treatment of athletes. We integrate clinically focused work with mental skills training to help athletes recover and perform at their very best.
Whether you’re struggling with anorexia, orthorexia, binge eating, or bulimia, we can help. Our experts understand the complexities of eating disorders and sports.
When to Seek Help for an Eating Disorder
The signs of an eating disorder aren’t always obvious. If you have any of the following, consider talking with one of our experts:
- Changes in personality, including moodiness and irritability
- Changes in body weight or shape
- A decrease in physical and/or psychological performance
- Feeling angry all the time
- Isolating yourself around mealtime
- Practicing or exercising more than prescribed by your coach
- Amenorrhea, which is the absence of menstruation
How Our Eating Disorder Experts Can Help You
We have a team of skilled dietitians and experts who will identify your issues and address health concerns right away. We’ll communicate with your family, coaches and peers to understand the whole picture and collaborate on your care. Together, we can:
- Get you back in shape for collegiate-level or Olympic-level programs
- Work with you to create a meal plan that meets your nutritional needs
- Help you cope with the mental pressure of sports
- Recommend you to a higher level of care, if necessary
Get Specialized Help for Your Eating Disorder
Call us now to get the professional help you need to stay at the top of your game.